Hi everyone, we have two, count ’em, TWO big events coming up this week.
- This Thursday 3/11 8PM.. Join us for our Virtual Parent Meeting (aka “The Committee”) this Thursday 3/11 at 8PM. We have some big fun ideas to cover, and I want to see at least 2 parents from each Den there ;). Beyond shaping the next two Pack 735 Campouts/Events, DanH and I need a few folks to help us do something really AWESOME for our kids. Zoom details will be shared to the Pack via email just prior to the meeting (from Chairman Briere)
- Friday 3/12, Webelos & Arrow of Light Scouts (4th/5th grade Dens only) – Camping at Camp 40 Acres (sign up required)
- Saturday 3/13, Camp40 Acres. I want to see everyone this Saturday 3/13 at Camp Forty Acres. Find your Den/Grade Level schedule below. …the weather looks A++
- Reminder- if you are sick or have a fever, cough or sneezing, loss of smell or other COVID symptoms DO NOT attend. If you are in Quarantine due to Contact Tracing precautions, do not attend. Masks are required. Distancing required. These rules are non-negotiable.
Serious Adventures planned for Saturday plus Camp Fire and Awards. Check below for your time. Each Den Leader will send a note regarding what’s planned.
EVERYONE must bring their Cub Scout Six Essentials (use the google)
|Lions & Tigers||4:30-6PM|
Where is Camp Forty Acres?
It’s located at: 179 Woburn Street, ANDOVER, MA. (in ANDOVER)
This camp is about 15min drive from Reading center and resides along the town line between Wilmington and Andover. The entrance has a sign. Follow the gravel road to the parking area. Meet near the main fire pit which is in sight of the parking area, just like two weeks ago.
Hold dates for April 23 & 24th as well as May 21 & 22 for Campout and daytime events at Camp40 Acres. That’s right, we’ll be camping. Sign up via Form will be required for all those Camping. We will also require all Attendees to Sign In, Provide Name/Phone for contact tracing and to fill out COVID precaution form.
Pinewood Derby will be May 22nd at Camp40 Acres – live under the Pavilion. We will post schedule for racing following planning. Reminder: This year each Den will decide if they want to race Pinewood cars or Lego Derby cars. One direction will be required. Den Leaders will coordinate the vote with each Den.
As a reminder- EVERYONE in Pack 735 is a parent volunteer. Nothing happens without your participation.
I want to THANK all of you for offering to help, to lend a hand, to be involved like parents who care about their community and kids. We do our best together. When we work together we create seriously fun, rich learning experiences and friendship. Thank you. Keep offering me to help out -your kids benefit when everyone participates and it makes my life as a parent (just like you) just a little easier.
In Case of Emergency:
Closest Hospitals to Camp40Acres:
- Lawrence General: 1 General St, Lawrence, MA 01841
- Winchester Hospital: 41 Highland Ave, Winchester, MA 01890
- Andover Police: 911 and 978-475-0411
- Andover Fire: 911 and 978-623-8200
Questions? email me and Kevin directly.
Thanks all. -Chad, Cubmaster Reading Pack 735