We are virtual through beginning of January. We’ll reevaluate based on MA guidance just after the New Year. I will send out some info about Virtual Adventures very soon. Apologies but following GovBaker’s request and revisions.
Below are need-to-know details for December’s Pack events. This includes several “Den-Rotation” events for Pack735. (note, this doesn’t include regularly scheduled Den Meetings)
Upcoming Pack/Den Rotation Events:
Friday 12/4 – @ CampFortyAcres- Webelos1 & Webelos2/AOLS (4th & 5th grade) – 6:30PM-8PM (details lower in page -please review “what to bring”) -note-only one Scout and one parent…no siblings. Each Den will be at their own fire pit to minimize group size. 6′ social distancing and masks required.
Friday 12/11 – Zoom Conf/Virtual -Adventures Stories, 6:30PM-7PM – Learn about two awesome adventures completed by our 5th Grade, Webelos/Arrow of Light Scouts in October and November!! We will email Zoom log in details 1-2days prior to event.
Saturday 12/12 – @ LocationToBeReconfirmed..watch for updates but planning for CampFortyAcres (details lower in page-please review “what to bring”)
10AM-11AM – Lion Den (Kindergarteners)
2PM-3:30PM – Tiger + Wolf Den (1st & 2nd graders)
4:30-6PM – Bear Den (3rd Graders)
Through 12/13! Toys-For-Tots Drive- Moved to JW Killam PTO drop-off box • JWKillam PTO is now collecting for Toys for Tots! We have a marked bin outside of the main entrance of school until Sunday, December 13th. We asked that you consider donating an unwrapped toy to a child ages 0-2 and 6-12 years. Please note, due to pandemic our friends at the Reading Fire Department cannot take TFT’s donations this year. Please drop off at JWK!!!
12/20 -Potential Sledding – If it snows, we’ll sled at Barrows- signup will be delivered to manage group size and assure Health Safety.
Details for Camp Forty Acres events 12/4 & 12/5 (12/5 postponed til 12/12) below:
Please note, Friday is on, Saturday events postponed due to High Wind safety concerns… Do not forget to make your Scout’s S’more Packet and bring a stick to roast with… and arrive on time 🙂 Masks and social distancing mandatory.
- Webelos1 & Webelos2/AOLS (4th & 5th grade) – 6:30PM-8PM -Awards and Campfire! -one Scout, one parent, no siblines…and wear a mask
Saturday 12/12 (was on 12/5 but 12/5 postponed due to high wind forecast) Lion Den (Kindergarteners) 10-11AM – Awards and Campfire! Tiger + Wolf Den (1st & 2nd graders) 2-3:30PM (your Den leader will remind what to bring – fun Adventures planned) Awards and Campfire! Bear Den (3rd Graders) 4:30-6PM (get ready to laugh, laugh, laugh, me and Matt are cooking up the fun) Awards and Campfire!
Where is Camp Forty Acres? Located at: 179 Woburn Street, ANDOVER, MA.
This camp is about 15min drive from Reading and along the town line between Wilmington and Andover. The entrance has a sign. Follow the gravel road. Meet near the main fire pit which is in sight of the parking area.
What to bring?
- Bring whatever your Den Leader says to bring (Wolves…that includes a compass) and these:
- Camp Chairs!! and extra warm clothes. Yes, we meet in the rain.
- 6 Cub Scout Essentials (google it)
- Water clearly labeled for your Scout – we can’t provide water or food due to pandemic
- S’more packet – Ziplock, marshmallow, cracker, chocolate and a stick = be prepared & avoid FOMO tears
- Mask and a back up mask- Masks are mandatory as is social distancing. 🙂
- One Scout + one Parent. Scout must be from Den. No Siblings…sorry we have to manage group size this year.
- Your best positive attitude. Delivering this Cub Scout program in a pandemic is not easy for the volunteer parents who make this happen. We all make this happen together, safely, inclusively, with courtesy for our kids.. every one of us. This will be awesome if we bring the awesome.
Last reminder- we are serious about Masks and Distancing. It has to cover your mouth and nose. If you can’t comply please stay home. One Scout + one Parent only. Scout must be from Den. No Siblings…sorry we have to manage group size this year. These are the rules and these rules are to keep us healthy and within state guidelines.