UPDATE for Friday 4/8 at Camp 40 Acres
Please review below for Friday at Camp 40 Acres. Includes MUST KNOW parking details and timing for the event for ALL Scout Families, All Dens.
- Must read-esp for Overnight Campers- read links, and please assure your spouse reads this 🙂
- Yes, Scouts and Leaders should be in Class A uniform
- Parking: There are two parking areas.
- For Campers/Volunteers: park at Camp 40 Acres at 179 Woburn St, Andover, MA 01810
- Limited to Overnight Campers, event Volunteers- very limited.
- You must park 2 deep, be mindful to use least space, or carpool –
- Do not block the road -makes the CareTaker unhappy/mad
- For Non-Camper/Non-Volunteers…park at hike-in location behind 500 Research Dr, Wilmington, MA -short hike in
- Here: 42.605496806674616, -71.15285272440524
- Map of Hike route HERE https://readingpack735.files.wordpress.com/2021/11/wilmington-townforest-campfortyacres-researchdrparking.pdf
- Note, hike is short..around 15min…shorter than Town Forest HikeIn
- There will be signs & glow sticks marking route
- This is the official Wilmington Town Forest access point despite “Town Water No Trespass” sign
- For Campers/Volunteers: park at Camp 40 Acres at 179 Woburn St, Andover, MA 01810
- 4PM-6PM Camp Set Up– Put up tents. -new to camping see “new to camping” note below.
- Campers- please carpool if possible! Parking at Camp is VERY limited
- All Campers please review “What to Bring-Essentials” and review cold weather camping/bedding section- REQUIRED
- Gear shuttle drop-off TH 4/7 from 5PM-8PM -See email w/ details
- Gear pick up on Saturday 4/9 at 3PM
- New to Camping? Need ideas: Please read this post, esp the section about sleep gear and sleep pad. Long but important: https://readingpack735.org/overnight-camping-the-basics-some-rules-and-gear-ideas/
- 6:15-6:50PM Dinner (Eat during this time): Pack735 will provide Burgers, HotDogs, Buns, etc.. you provide the rest.. use the Potluck Sign UP-see emails -Potluck food delivery will be coordinated separately
- Food prep/volunteers and serving area helpers- Start cooking by 5:45PM, Have Food Service area set up by 6PM in prep for Potluck
- Arrive by 6pm if bringing food for Potluck
- 5:45-6:45PM Gathering Activity for Scouts & Siblings : Bracelet Station -make Pack 735 Bracelets.
- 7PM -Opening and Den Awards
- 7:25PM -Arrow of Light Celebration and Awards
- 8PMish-S’mores + AOL Scout Skills Movie & Showreel
- 8:30 Program Close – Hike out for non-campers – Clean up program (will take anyone’s help w/ CleanUP)
- 9PM – Camp Quiet time- only a whisper, no running/games
- 9:30PM -Lights out– All Quiet,
- 10PM Fire put out. – All Scouts in bed
- 7-8AM Breakfast- Pancakes, Blueberry Pancakes, Oatmeal, Coffee, etc
- 7-9AM Camp Tear Down AND clean up (will need all campers to help w/ clean up-we are all volunteers)
- 10AM -Vacate Camp site
3PM Gear pick up on Saturday 4/9 at 3PM, see email for location
Invention Convention is this Friday March 11 @ St Athanasius Parish Center. All Scouts, all Dens should attend!
Pack 735’s Invention Convention is now during our March Pack Meeting, from 6-8:30PM at St Athanasius on Haverhill St in Reading. (not St Agnes)!
Invention Convention details -Set up between 6-6:30PM, Opening is at 6:30PM and Invention Convention kick off at 6:45PM
We’ll have Den level Presentations, Inventions, STEM fun, Awards and Dessert…bring a dessert to share, sign up or not!! Don’t miss this rewarding event. Wear a Mask and Scouts-be in Class A Uniform tucked in and looking sharp!
Impound Night! Friday, 2/11 6-8PM @ St. Athanasius Parish Center
- This is when you turn in completed Cars for racing on Saturday
- All Scouts, All racers… Yes, Mom and Dad and Siblings, you can race and must turn in your car!
Pinewood Derby! Saturday, 2/12 @ Joshua Eaton Elementary
- The event will take place at the Joshua Eaton Cafeteria, please see below for the schedule
|9 am||Set up|
|10:00||AOL; 5th Grade|
|10:15||Web 1, 4th Grade|
|10:30||Bears, 3rd Grade|
|10:45||Wolves; 2nd Grade|
|11:00||Tigers; 1st Grade|
|11:45||Championship (entire Pack!)|
We look forward to seeing everyone at this event
Reminder we continue to be required to wear masks for all indoor activities regardless of vaccination status at this time.
What’s on deck? -At-a-glance:
- 12/10 December Pack Meeting, 6:30PM start, @St Agnes Parish Center (2nd floor + outside)
- 12/20 Committee Meeting (aka Parent planning meeting)
- 12/23-1/3 Holiday Vacation – no programming
- 1/8 P735 Annual TUBING!!!!!! Nashoba Valley Tubing Park. Littleton, MA
1/14 January Pack Meetingmeeting cancelled but – Invention Convention! moved to March Meeting
- 1/20 “CutNight” -Pinewood Car pick up, design & cutting (location and schedule listed on PinewoodDerby Page)!
- 1/24 Committee Meeting (aka Parent planning meeting)
- 2/11 “Impound Night” Turn in & register for racing! – @St Athanasius Parish Center
- 2/12 P735 Pinewood Derby!!! – 9AM-Noon @ Joshua Eaton Elementary
- 3/11 Pack735 Blue and Gold Banquet + Invention Convention!
As a reminder, above and below only reflect Pack Events (all Dens). Your Den Meeting Schedule is owned by you the families and your awesomely nice and generous Den Leader who is a parent, just like you. Meeting inside? Wear a mask..it’s required inside…required.
During the Holidays- all Scouts should work on the private but important, Duty to God and Family Adventure. All faiths and beliefs are respected in Cub Scouts so whether you are Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, other, or you believe in the higher power of Math, please give some time to ponder “reverence” and talk about believing in something bigger than the individual.
Last thing, Scouts should work with their Den to complete the Inventions for our January Invention Convention. Keep it simple. Keep it fun! Kids love to invent, all you have to do is believe in them.
Wooooo hooooo, Winter program starts now! Check back often for updates and expanded details for our Pack 735 Cub Scout Program, December thru March!
Make sure to search for Sarah K’s awesome email with Invention Convention instructions.
Details, Details, Details:
12/10 December Pack Meeting, 6:30PM start, St Agnes Parish Center (2nd floor + outside)
December Pack Meeting (all Scouts) will meet at St Agnes Parish Center (2nd floor). Bring a mask please as we’ll be inside for the first part and outside for the second part. Bring an unwrapped gift to donate for Toys-For_Tots because we will collect unwrapped gifts supporting Reading Fire Dept Gift Drive! Also, we’ll be celebrating our fundraising activities by Pie’ing leaders just after our Scouts complete an Invention Convention Primer!
We need all Scouts, esp Scouts who sold Popcorn to attend! Special surprise activity.
Be there in Class A uniform, tucked in and looking sharp! -St Agnes Parish Center in Reading is located just behind/next to St Agnes Church…brick building w/ parking.
12/20 Committee Meeting (aka Parent planning meeting) -Location announced via email
All parents are encouraged to attend our parent/program planning meetings. Often, these 1hr meetings, focus on the next upcoming Pack 735 Event. This one will discuss needs for January’s Invention Convention, “CutNight” and Tubing event! Join us. Great way to make friends and get a break from your kids.
1/8 (proposed) P735 Annual Snow TUBING!!!!!! Nashoba Valley Tubing Park. Littleton, MA
We are working to get back to normal and normal in Pack 735 included a rocking day at Nashoba Valley Tubing Park! We are working to lock in this date, so you should expect it. Hold Saturday 1/8 starting at 1PM. We cover the cost of Tubing for Scouts. The entire family is welcome to attend (non-Scout fee very affordable). -Waiver signing required by parent ~1PM
1/14 January Pack Meeting this meeting cancelled due to COVID challenges…note our Invention Convention! is moved to our March Pack Meeting!!
Invention Convention MOVED to March Pack meeting! Invention Convention awesomeness at St Athanasius Parish Center, 7-8:30PM! Presentations, Inventions, STEM fun, Awards and more’s. Don’t miss this event. Wear a Mask and Scouts-be in Class A Uniform tucked in and looking sharp! Don’t forget your Scout’s invention materials! Detailed Schedule coming soon. -Set up between 6-7PM –
1/20 “CutNight” -Pinewood Car pick up, design & cutting -see Pack Calendar for Location
“CutNight” is a fantastic event for Scouts and family. 1/20/2022 event Schedule and Location can be found on our PinewoodDerby page linked below. We hand out PineWood Derby Car kits (see email sent 1/14 for pick up location), you design and “cut” them out using our volunteer (parents) donated Bandsaws. Kids do the designing. Qualified adults run the powertools. You’ll have a couple weeks to sand, paint and decorate your derby car before turning the finalized, race ready car during “ImpoundNight”. Find out more about Pinewood Derby activities here https://readingpack735.org/pinewood-derby/
1/24 Committee Meeting (aka Parent planning meeting) -Location announced via email
All parents are encouraged to attend our parent/program planning meetings. Often, these 1hr meetings, focus on the next upcoming Pack 735 Event. This one will focus on Pinewood Derby, Blue and Gold Banquet and the Arrow of Light Celebration and CrossOver.
2/11 “Impound Night” Turn in & register for racing! – @St Athanasius Parish Center
All Racers must turn in their finalized, race ready cars at this drop-off event. Cars must be under the required weight target and all wheels must roll (no elevated wheels). Cars will be “Impounded”, labeled and readied for racing the following day!
2/12 P735 Pinewood Derby!!! – 9AM-Noon @ Joshua Eaton Elementary
DO NOT MISS THIS ONE Pack 735! This is the MAIN Event, the most famous of all Cub Scouting activities and one that we make especially awesome. This year we’ll be back at Josua Eaton Elementary. The track will be fast, fun and memorable. Make sure your race ready car is turned in at “ImpoundNight”. Find out more about PineWood Derby here https://readingpack735.org/pinewood-derby/
3/11 Pack735 Blue and Gold Banquet! Location coming soon.
Blue and Gold is a Cub Scout Tradition not to be missed. Last year, the crazy pandemic prohibited us from hosting this amazing meal but we are hopeful to get back to normal this spring. Think epic pot luck, great entertainment and solid memories with family and friends.
April – Arrow of Light Celebration and Cross Over Party!
April will bring our much anticipated Arrow of Light Celebration and Webelos 2 Cross Over party. Trust me on this, you do not want to miss this Pack 735 event. Not only will it be our Webelos2 (5th graders) last official CubScout meeting, you’ll also help to celebrate a not-too-often changing of the guard. As I said, don’t miss this.